11/26/2010

Shredded Cucumber Pickled Salad

My family’s lunch and dinner usually consists of three types of dishes but sometimes I will make pickled salad as an addition.  A simple pickled salad that marinated and chilled ahead of time can stimulate appetite when serve as an appetizer or accompaniment to any meal. 

I have a pickled salad recipe that I've learned from my late grandmother. She was very fond of this pickled salad that she made it almost every day. I do love this pickled salad very much.  Just a few ingredients with a simple method but the taste are really appetizing.





Shredded Cucumber Pickled Salad


Ingredients:
  • 1 cucumber - shredded
  • 4 chives - roughly chopped
  • 2 red chilies - roughly chopped
  • A handful of anchovies - halve and blanch in warm water
  • 2 lime - juiced
  • Salt and sugar to taste
Method:
  • Enter all ingredients in a salad bowl.  Mix all together until well combined. 
  • Marinate for a few minute.
  • Store in refrigerator for ½ hours or more before serving.
  • Also suitable to serve in room temperature.


3 comments:

kitchen flavours

This looks like a delicious appetizer. I can imagine that this would go great as a side appetizer for roasted pork!

kitchen flavours

Hi, it's me again. I have some awards for you over at my blog. Please drop by to collect them when you can. Have a lovely day!

AloyCia

Hi KF...

Don't know what to say... you're so kind to me... anyway, thanks for the awards... I feel honored... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Member Of

Award

Award
Happy 101 Blog Award

Simply Delicious Easy Cooking   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP